A landing page is a web destination that offers your customers something of value and encourages them to take action. The page is focused on conversion (making a specific sale or gaining a lead), as opposed to a website product page, which focuses on what your company offers in general. Customers reach your landing page by clicking a link from your ad, email campaign, a blog, website home page, or social media.
What Elements Should You Include on Your Landing Page?
Think of your primary goal: What do you want the customer to do? The CTA (Call to Action) is probably the most important element of the page. The client responds by clicking on a link to purchase a product, fill out a form, register for an event – whatever action you want them to take.
These three elements make up the best landing pages:
- a short but clear message
- a value proposition
- an emphasized CTA
Tips for Creating a Successful Landing Page
- Use an image or video to show context
- Design for your market’s preferred device(s)
- Keep your copy short and concise
- Use a clean, uncluttered design
- Delete any other navigation or links
- Include authentic social proof
- Optimize for SEO