Are you thinking of adding video to your website? We notice that more clients are asking about video; we try to discern if it will add value vs. distract from important content on their site. Videos are a great way to tell your company’s story and enhance your brand, engendering friendliness and trust. Plus, studies show a majority of people prefer learning from video as opposed to static images or text.
Proven Benefits of Video
When used correctly, video can make your site more engaging to visitors. Statistics back it up – adding video causes a substantial increase in:
- Search rankings
- Web traffic
- Conversion rates
- Stickiness – viewers will stay on your site longer
Quick Tips for Using Video
- Use a professional videographer if your budget allows.
- If your budget is low, using a smartphone is an option, but pay special attention to lighting and sounds.
- Limit the video’s length to match visitors’ short attention spans.
- Keep the file size small for short loading times.
- You can use videos in any area of your website; there is no one rule to follow.
- Purchasing stock video loops is another option – however, be aware you’ll get a more generic look and feel.
One of the best video-how-to resources we’ve found is https://www.vidyard.com/blog/video-on-websites/. They address questions like:
- How do I implement video?
- Should I embed or use third-party hosting?
- What is the best file format and size?
- What are the best practices for using video?