In our experience, we’ve found that realtor websites have unique design and functional requirements:
- Multiple categories (for sale, under contract, sold, open house) mean more pages.
- These websites are updated frequently to keep up with ever-changing listings.
- The site has be able to load quickly, given the many images that will be displayed.
- The site must be easily navigable, and homes shown to their best advantage.
A More Personal Aspect on the About Us Page
What makes a good realtor? It’s someone you click with. Therefore, realtor sites are more personal than most business sites. It’s important to highlight the realtor’s head shot, background, expertise and personal history, so that users can feel connected.
Free Tools for Buyers and Sellers
Realtors know what you don’t; they have knowledge of communities and specific neighborhoods, the real estate market, and how to price and showcase homes for sale. An effective client draw is a landing page with a signup form to receive complimentary, valuable information that users cannot find elsewhere.
Watching Their Back End
Even more important to the site is the back end – the CMS (Content Management System). We recommend a custom WordPress site, which is easy to update. Once the site is launched, the realtor can learn how to maintain the site themselves by:
- Populating their listings
- Implementing MLS direct feeds to save time
- Posting on their blog
We make it easy! We provide clients with online training and a custom how-to manual. And we’re always available to make any fixes, updates, or corrections that call for more expertise.